I hope you all had a great holiday season! Can you believe it’s 2018 now? 2017 was a great year, but I’m excited for the new year. Have you made a list of goals for your new year? I finally was able to jot some goals for 2018. I did a similar list for my 29th birthday, you can read that here. In conjunction with my personal goals before I turn 30, I’ve compiled this list with my family goals in mind. Without further adieu, here they are!
- Wake up at least 2 hours early. I’ve been feeling sluggish and rushed every morning this year. I want to end that horrible habit of mine and wake up a couple of hours earlier to allow myself to mentally wake up and get ready for my day.
- Pay off debt. Currently Andrew and I are not in our ideal financial situation, it sucks, but it is what it is and we are ready to put more focus into that and pay off as much as we can. We are still figuring out an exact number, but I’m excited because this will allow us to live more comfortably and give us more peace of mind.
- Find my style. I really would love to explore more of what I like and find a consistent style for myself. This includes my wardrobe, my blog/writing, my editing, my leadership, etc.
- Meet and collaborate. This year I want to help take my blog to the next level. I’ve enjoyed these past 4 months of sharing with you all, but I know there is so much to learn and gain from other creatives in my area and on social media. Believe it or not, I’m a little timid since I am new to this world, so I want to overcome that and hopefully meet and collaborate with other creatives and/or companies this year.
- Get a Passport. This year it is very high on my list to FINALLY get our passports. We keep talking about it, but since we haven’t ever made solid plans to go out of the country we keep putting it off. Maybe it’s because we don’t have them that we do not plan? So this year it is a must, especially since there are talks of Costa Rica 🙂
- Cook and Bake more. Andrew is the Executive Chef and Olive-Lynn is the Sous in our home. It’s not that I don’t like to cook, but since he loves it I kind use it as a way to be lazy and not get in the kitchen. This year I want to try more recipes and bake a pie, I have never baked one.
- Take more photos…of myself. I noticed this year that I do not have very many photos of myself so with that I want to get more comfortable in front of the camera. I’ve slowly started this year, but really want to make it more of a regular thing.
- Get into Business School. Those of you who know me know that I have been going to school for what seems like forever. My goal is to be accepted into UTSA College of Business where I will continue my education into HRM.
- De-clutter. This year I want to really evaluate items that I keep. From clothes, to books, etc. I wouldn’t say that I necessarily want to be a minimalist, but I do want to only keep things that really hold a true value for me and my family. We will be moving soon into a new place, so what better time to declutter than now.
- Re-enforce friendships. This past year I feel like I have weirdly lost touch with friends. I mean, I talk to them via text and phone here and there, but I feel like I haven’t been as present as I would like so my goal is to set aside time specifically for rebuilding and re-enforcing the friendships with people I love and value.
One challenge that I am nervous about taking on is the content on my blog. Travel is going to minimal for us this year. How can I have a travel blog without traveling.?! I’ve mentioned this above, but Andrew and I are really tighten the belt on what we spend our money on. Of course, we want to spend it on travel, but we have a dream of a home within a years time and with our debts all our money really needs to be dedicated to paying off things and rebuilding our credit again. So with that being said, we may not be able to travel as much or even at all this year, which will pose a challenge for me, but it will force me to get out of my comfort zone and provide travel based content without the act of traveling. One thing is for sure, I am going to use this opportunity to share more of my city with you!
Those are my goals, what are yours? If you have any tips for me on how to accomplish mine, let me know. Let’s discuss our goals together, hold each other accountable, and be each others motivation.
I hope you all have an amazing 2018 and I’m excited for us to share our life adventures together!