Now that it’s December 1st, I think it’s okay to assume we are all in the Christmas spirit, even though I have been since last week 🙂 I’ve been listening to so many good albums and playlists on Spotify while at work and I wanted to share them with you! If you follow me on Instagram (and if you don’t, what are you waiting for) then you know I absolutely love me some jazzy Christmas tunes. Honestly, my taste in music is so diverse that I think you can find something you’ll love on my list. Plus, it’s mostly various renditions of Christmas classics and everyone loves Christmas music, right? Let’s go ahead and get straight to the list, guys!
- Jazz at Christmas: As previously mentioned, I just love jazzy Christmas music and with that being said this playlist had to be first on my list. There is just something about the way it makes me feel. It truly gets me feeling the Christmas spirit ❤ This playlist has all your favorites/big names like, Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra, Billie Holiday, and Count Basie. One of my faves on this playlist is ‘Christmas In New Orleans’ by Louis Armstrong. He just paints such a beautiful picture of the city and atmosphere. Gosh, I love New Orleans!
- Christmas Coffeehouse: This playlist just starts off right with ‘Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas’ sung by Daniela Andrade. Never heard of her before this, but she has a beautiful voice and the song sounds a little more folk like. It’s a nice change. A great duet on here is ‘What are you doing New Years Eve’ by Johnnyswim. I can only imagine their entire Christmas album is great. I think these would be great morning tunes to enjoy with your coffee. It’s a lot more chill, but still all about the holidays.
- French Christmas Songs: Alright, so I don’t speak nor understand French, but I love listening to french music. I usually go with a French Coffeehouse playlists. When it comes to this one you can basically make out what song they are singing based on the melody. One of my favorite French artists is Carla Bruni, made famous (at least for me) by (500) Days of Summer, and she is on this playlist. I love this one because it shows how universal music truly is. Doesn’t matter the language, music is music and it can move you, or in this case, get you in the holiday spirit!
Moving on to Christmas albums. There are a ton out there. Pretty much anyone who is anyone participates in singing these songs we all love with their own spin. Here we go!
- She & Him: Alright, I couldn’t choose just one, but seriously why should I! haha. Both their ‘A Very She & Him Christmas‘ and ‘She & Him Christmas Party‘ have all the popular classics, plus some I had never heard. I’m already a fan of this band, it’s very indie-ish, so if that’s your jam you’ll love it. Honestly though, Zooey’s voice is so unique and beautiful. They have fun renditions of ‘Run Run Rudolph’ and ‘Mele Kalikimaka’, which make me think of some of my favorite Christmas movies. These albums are a must for me every year!
- An Oscar Peterson Christmas: This artist was recommended by a co-worker. He’s a jazz enthusiast and when he learned my Christmas jazz obsession he offered his faves. I’m so glad he gave me this one! This instrumental album is so fun and cheery, and incorporates unique instrumental sounds. ‘Santa Claus is Coming to Town’ is the best on here. It has the nice soft snare and cymbal going on with great piano solo pieces. Love! Guys, I wish I knew how to play piano. Still a life goal of mine.
Here’s a bonus because I found it as I was writing and linking this blog, Christmas Jazz Coffeehouse.
I can’t deny my love for this season and it’s music. Out of them all, I think ‘Let it Snow’ has to be my favorite! If only we could get some snow here in San Antonio now, haha. Do you have a favorite Christmas tune? Be sure to share with me!
I hope you guys take me up on these suggestions and check them out. If you do, please be sure to let me know which one you loved in the comments!
P.S. I’m going to attempt Vlogmas this year, so if you want to follow along check out my channel and subscribe! 🙂